Monetary Economics Explained Simply
Have you always want to learn more about how money came into existence? Yes, you do know the importance of money, but did you want to understand the various functions of money? If you answered yes to these questions, then you have come to the right place.
Monetary economics is a branch of economics that studies money, its functions, value, demand, supply, and policies. You may have read various publications about how the value of the dollar or pound increases or decreases, but you may not have understood how this happens. This book will help you learn the basics of monetary economics. The book discusses systematically and critically the classical, modern monetary theories and various aspects around the demand and supply of money.
Only some regulatory authorities can monitor the functions that banks and other financial institutions perform, and it is important to understand how these authorities work. You will learn about the different functions that central banks perform and how they work as advisors to the government.
With this information, you can understand how the money market works, and see where you should invest, or rather how you should invest. This book provides information on:
- The evolution of money and the various stages
- The functions of money (both direct and indirect functions)
- Advantages of money over the barter system
- The significance of money and its role in the economy
- The advantages and disadvantages of using money
- The demand for money, its determinants and the motives to hold money
- The supply of money and the various components of the supply
- The neutrality theory of money
- The quantity theory of money
- Cambridge and Fisher equations of the value of money
- Balance of payments
- Monetary standards and policies
- Functions of central banks
- Inflation and more
This book will provide all the information you need to know about monetary economics. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a copy of this book now.