This book will change the way you think about and use water. Water is life. Without it, life as we know it would not exist on Earth. As you read on you will discover:
● The major reasons why water is becoming scarce.
● The prognosis if we don’t make rapid and substantial changes.
● How water scarcity is already harming the poorest communities on the planet.
● How the environment is being damaged.
● How close we are to passing a point of no return.
Though much of what you will read may be shocking, there is still room for hope and a narrow window of time during which we can change course. There are things that we can do, but it is going to take a sustained effort. The book will look at what changes are being made and can be made at both a macro and micro level.
● Small steps can take us a long way.
● Education is crucial.
● Technology is moving fast and in positive directions.
● International action needs us to motivate it.
● We can learn to reduce our consumption.
As you read through the book, you will probably feel like you are on a bit of a roller coaster ride. A journey in which things at first appear to be totally gloomy but eventually culminate in a turnaround, providing we act fast. Change has to happen, and reading this book is going to demonstrate that in ways that are difficult to deny. The good news is that we can be a part of that change and, indeed, we must.
This may be one of the most important books you ever read. Don’t delay.